We’re a small but quickly growing company looking to add a new team member who can analyze our current buying systems and develop the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations as we continue our growth. This position will be responsible for overseeing purchasing of components, supplies, finished goods, and equipment based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections. If you are a skilled negotiator with previous experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the supply chain for our growing haircare business, including the sourcing of components and evaluation of quality and functionality.
- Contact vendors to arrange and track samples and/or request documentation.
- Evaluate and analyze purchasing trend and price trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs.
- Analyze opportunities throughout the supply chain to negotiate the best possible pricing and terms.
- Propose improvements to our current system.
- Collaborate with inventory control and sales department to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs, and then maintain those levels.
- Create and collect all documentation that composes the procurement cycle, including original approved purchase requests, sales order confirmations, and packing slips.
- Develop new relationships and bring in new suppliers, including sourcing some items from overseas markets.
- Become expert with packing, labeling, and shipping requirements for all sales channels and markets.
- Obtain freight quotes for inbound domestic and international shipments and track carrier performance.
- Work closely with warehouse team to ensure accurate and timely product deliveries, confirm quality standards have been met with all incoming components and finished goods, and address all discrepancies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent computer and analytical skills required, particularly Excel and Word. SmartSheet experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills in person, on the phone and through email.
- Capable of dealing with vendors and other team members in a collaborative way.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Understanding of procurement/purchasing standards and best practices.
- Must have strong attention to detail with solid organizational skills.
- Minimum 3 years in a purchasing role, preferably during a time of fast company growth.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management.
- Previous experience working with overseas vendors, particularly in Asia.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Annual paid time off.
- 401k program available.
- We work hard but like to play hard too and there’s plenty of opportunities to have fun throughout the year.
- Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Purchasing Agent” in the subject line.